THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Last day of June already??

Well, I wanted to get one more post in before July... Yeah, it had to be now! :~) I haven't been that busy the last couple of days. Just been doing my ESL stuff and working. I've decided doing this ESL training that I've learned more grammar than I ever wanted to know. I had to do an activity on passive and active sentence structure... I had to look it up, know the difference between the two and how to change them back and forth. I've been trying to avoid getting this stuff in my brain for so long! ;~) Anyway, I won't be like a grammar geek... I'll always use good grammar, but won't be like a grammar know-it-all.

Yesterday I had a day off, so I went and painted my nails this melon color... It's summery and I like it. I wish I had more bright colors, but I'll make it. This color almost makes my skin look like it has some color to it! :~) I've also been using this gradual tanning moisture lotion. I don't know if it's working or if I am imagining my skin looking like it has a little more color to it. I'll keep using it cause I think it is working... At any rate I have to get rid of the stuff some how! ;~)

Last night Jamey's sister Tabitha and her husband Casey were flying into the Memphis airport. We got to go with Jamey's parents to get them from the airport and bring them back home. The plane was scheduled to land at 11pm. It actually got there at 10:45pm... We got to stay in the airport for about half an hour and watch all the airplanes! I loved it! All the lights, the planes landing, and the noise of the jet engines. Ahhh, the sounds of home! I really miss having that noise and all the lights of an airport just blocks away! :~) Anyway, Tabitha and Casey got here safely and are still trying to adjust to the jet lag...

Today we went to the Pink Palace!! :~D I've never been to the Pink Palace before today and it was really neat! It's a museum with practically everything in it... We went with Jamey's sister Sarah and her group of kids that she works with that have been abused to see all the stuff at the museum. It had skeletons of a lot of things including a hummingbird... That was small! It had a section on cells and what is in them, it had all sorts of animals that had been stuffed and posed in scenes. It had all sorts of rare gems and stones in their raw forms... Of course, it had the required evolution section. They also had a section with moving dinosaurs... The dinosaurs were actual size and made noise! All the kids liked that! The section that really got my attention was the section on when Memphis was just starting in the early 1800s. They had all sorts of trinkets and clothes. They also had a section on early doctor equipment. There was a section on WW l and WW ll, a section on the mid 1900s with more clothes and trinkets and they had a mock up of an old grocery store! :~) I think that's about it for all the stuff that was in the museum... There was so much to see, I tried to see and remember it all but I'll probably remember things tomorrow that I forgot about now.

Unfortunately, we didn't stay in one place long enough to have pics and we didn't take our camera... With the kids, we had to move so they wouldn't get bored and so they could see as much as they could while they were there. After that, we went to the park to let the kids have a snack and play before going home. We had a good day! It was hot, but the museum was really neat!! :~) Maybe next time we go Jamey and I will take a lot of pics to show you! :~)

0 comments: